The development of new technologies and products contributes to the increase in the competitiveness of the companies. In order to protect the environment and cope with challenges such as the climate change, the realisation of the energy turnaround and the demographic change, new and advanced technologies, procedures and products are required.
The CIO promotes an innovation culture regarding the East German Cleantech companies. Furthermore, it supports both companies that want to intensify research or innovation and the exchange between business and science. Small and medium-sized enterprises, in particular, often depend on co-operations regarding R&D. Pooling competences of different co-operation partners by effective networking enables the small and medium-sized enterprises to implement innovations and boost their name recognition. By means of a qualified network management, the innovation process is moderated, organised and the multiplier effect is enhanced.
The CIO supports the innovation process in the companies with the following services:
- We inform our members about suitable funding programmes and current tenders in the course of events such as the CIO Campus, with publications on our website and the newsletters as well as by way of individual advice.
- We support our members, which want to file a grant application within co-operation projects, in finding the right funding programme and accompany them in filing the application for subsidies.
- The participation in the network and the working groups enables our members to exchange information, generate project ideas and form co-operations for the implementation of development and innovation ideas.
- Through the database for research institutions and companies as well as through the co-operation exchange, CIO provides a platform for finding the suitable co-operation partners and enabling the joint research and development in business as well as between business and science.
In order to support the companies and research institutions financially in the innovation process, to mobilise development potentials and to promote the co-operation between business and science, the Federal Government, the EU and the Federal States offer numerous funding programmes, such as:
- the Central Innovation Programme for SMEs (ZIM)
- the Funding programme INNO-KOM-Ost
- the Funding programme of the German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU)