IMPORTANCE OF THE LEAD MARKET "SUSTAINABLE WATER MANAGEMENT" FOR EAST GERMANY
Thanks to high investments and increased environmental requirements in the new federal states of Germany, the sector Water management was considerably modernised in the last 25 years. When expanding and refurbishing the drinking water supply systems and wastewater treatment plants and establishing flood protection devices, numerous East German companies and research institutions have gained considerable specialist know-how and experience. Today, they participate in the implementation of new technical developments and in the word-wide knowledge transfer. Thus, they make a significant contribution to the implementation of the objectives of the Water Framework Directive WRRL3 and Agenda 214.
The Stadtentwässerung Dresden GmbH is an excellent example of a company that strongly operates both regionally and internationally and uses innovative as well as energy-saving technologies.
- 2004 - Construction and commissioning of a solar plant with an output of 190 kW with 949 photovoltaic modules
- 2005 – Inauguration of the biological wastewater treatment plant
- 2008 - 2010 Construction of a high-water pump station in Dresden-Johannstadt
- 2012 – Commissioning of the newly constructed sludge digestion; everyday, more than 15,000 m3 of gas are produced and converted into electricity and heat
- Until 2018, 23 million euros will be invested for the expansion of the activated sludge plant (more...)
The Klärwerk Dresden-Kaditz is a venue for many delegation trips and the object of the knowledge transfer within the framework of many international projects.
The foreign visitors are very interested in the know-how in the technical and commercial field of the company. Examples include delegation trips from Vietnam with the aim of enhancing their knowledge in the field of wastewater treatment and water protection. Another example is the IWAS project, in which the Stadtentwässerung Dresden GmbH participated in the Ukraine regarding the optimisation of wastewater plants and the necessary capacity building.
Moreover, there are - in East Germany - many engineering companies and suppliers which have outstanding technical know-how, implement new developments and develop innovative products.