SELECTED EXAMPLES ORGANIZATIONS AND STUDIES
Selection of research institutions and networks:
- The Netzwerk AQUANET: is characterised in particular by the close co-operation between business and science. Currently, it links 33 small and medium-sized enterprises as well as research institutions of the Berlin-Brandenburg water sector. It has been in existence since August 1st, 2012 and is sponsored by the federal state of Berlin, Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research within the joint initiative aiming at strengthening the regional economy. The Berlin-Brandenburg network with the focus on smart water infrastructure systems fits in the entire complex of the Urban Technologies without any problems and develops links with other topics and specialist areas.
Contact person: Network manager Sebastian Wengler www.aquanet-bb.de
- The research focus Water in Urban Areas: is an interdisciplinary research focus of the Technical University of Berlin, founded in 2000. More than 20 departments from six faculties jointly work with their various skills on a forward-looking, urban water management. The network carries out research projects with a total budget of more than 12 million € (including ASKURIS, SWITCH). Central projects are coordinated and managed by the office.
Contact person: Dr.-Ing. Sebastian Wulff www.iz-wib.tu-berlin.de
- The Berlin Centre of Competence for Water: is an internationally operating non-profit research institution, which has been developing - for more than 13 years and in collaboration with regional, national and international research partners - more than 60 major, application-oriented research projects on issues of the urban water management. The previous total volume of the projects amounts to more than 36 million euros.
Contact person: Managing Director Andreas Hartmann www.kompetenz-wasser.de
- The Circular Economy Network e. V. aims at establishing network, which is locally focused on Berlin and consists of companies, innovators, authorities, political actors, universities and research institutions regarding the Circular Economy. Innovators and small companies form the backbone of the network.
Contact person: Benjamin Kamya
- Potentials of renewable energy sources in Berlin 2020 and in the long-term – Quantification and generation of measures to reach ambitious expansion targets
- WindNODE – The showcase for smart energy from the northeast of Germany
- New energy in the capital Berlin-Brandenburg
- Showcase electric mobility Berlin - Brandenburg